In recent years, people are watching more and more video content to gain relevant information about products, services, and much more. For marketers, it is now easier to develop rapport on social media and other digital channels using a wide range of video production methods. Video marketing is becoming increasingly important to increase product recognition and brand awareness and help businesses compete better within their industry.
With that in mind, we are going to take a look at some video marketing statistics you should know about:
- Based on latest studies, the average UK consumer watches a total of 100 minutes of promotional, informative, and entertainment videos each day.
- About 92% of marketers in the UK have realised that video is crucial for their marketing campaign.
- Approximately 60% of the UK population prefers to watch online videos, instead of regular TV broadcasts.
- In the UK, about 82% of Internet traffic will be video by the end of 2021.
- Studies have shown that brand recall is 85% stronger with videos, compared with text.
- Qualified leads increase by 66% when marketers use videos.
- 93% of marketers reported that video marketing has produced more new customers.
- Videos on social media are twelve times more likely to be shared compared to text and images.
- The average length of advertising videos in the UK is only 15 seconds, which is ideal to keep the audience hooked.
- In 2021, about 70% of marketers have allocated a significantly higher budget on video marketing efforts.
Statistically speaking, short videos with condensed information are the most effective when it comes to introducing products, services and features quickly. Once UK customers build enough interest, they will be willing to watch longer review videos to get more detailed explanations.
The COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown restrictions have contributed to the rise of video consumption in the UK. Internet users are watching more videos, making them exposed more to video marketing. Views are especially higher among people between 25 and 34 years old.
About half of Internet users watch videos about specific products and services that reflect their personal interests. This correlates directly with a sharp increase in online sales. Before people order products online, they often watch reviews and promotional videos.
To learn more, contact Astery today and speak with a video production expert who can answer any questions you might have.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.